Topics in Digital Performing Arts: Performing with Technology: THTR 3875:0001 Cross Reference: DANC 3875:0001
Spring, 2021 || T&TH: 3:30p-5:20p
Instructor: Daniel Fine, Assistant Professor of Digital Media in Performance
Course Description: Advanced techniques in virtual/online performance with established and new technologies including live cameras, audio, greenscreen, special effects, and controlling digital avatars.
Course Objectives and Goals:
- Understand the basic concepts, theories and practical applications of performing in virtual/online platforms.
- Develop applied knowledge of creating virtual/online performance.
- Cite and discuss historical and contemporary artists and companies working in virtual performance.
- Work collaboratively across disciplines to investigate performance approaches to virtual/online and new modes of storytelling.
- Develop skills in manipulating digital assets and operating virtual platforms.
- Operate computer, camera, and sound equipment and virtual platforms.
- Improve teamwork and communication skills.
- Critique and evaluate work.
- Intro, gear, check-out, studio, system, in-class assignments
- Zoom interface
- Special Effects
- Virtual Performance Technology