- Student will become familiar with the process and tools utilized in creating and implementing a lighting design. This will enable a student to interpret a light plot and paperwork, hang/cable/focus lighting equipment, and operate a lighting console for a production.
- Student will understand the basic elements of lighting design and will be able to incorporate this knowledge into the design, creation, and analysis of lighting designs for theatrical productions.
- Student will learn how to critically analyze and evaluate texts to the end of generating lighting design choices.
- Student will learn to observe works of art and the world around them, reflecting on qualities of light and their emotional implications.
- Student will develop skills of presentation of ideas and design choices.