Submitted by: Todd Proffitt, Fredonia
- Develop basic theatrical lighting skills through their use of color, intensity, movement, composition, angle and the quality of light.
- Learn to apply the basic functions of stage lighting.
- Create, light plots, sections and other lighting paperwork.
- Develop lighting research skills and find way to communicate their ideas to a production team.
- Learn to create a lighting design for a proscenium and thrust theatres.
- Learn to choose the proper instrument focal lengths.
- Research and report on current and past lighting designers.