- To build a working knowledge of Theatre Technology with an emphasis on lighting.
- To become familiarized with the process and the tools involved in implementing a lighting design, enabling you to interpret a light plot and paperwork in order to hang, cable, focus, and run a show.
- To participate in theatrical production through lighting installation and crewing of School of Theatre and OMT shows.
- To experience and understand the best practices, processes, and procedures involved in upkeep and maintenance of theatrical equipment and theatre spaces.
- To learn and practice safe working procedures.