Course Title: Design and Technology for Performance Syllabus
This course is an introduction to principles and practical application of techniques for designing theatre, music and other types of live performance. This course includes practical aspects of designing and producing live performance. Topics include lighting, sets and space, clothing and costume design, sound; may include specialized techniques such as masks, props, makeup.
- Analyze a script as it pertains to performance design.
- Visually represent and present designs.
- Collaborate with classmates on creative solutions to design challenges.
- Apply design as a method of inquiry into complex historical and social issues.
- Design the scenic, costuming, lighting, and sound for a workshop production.
- Execute the scenic, costuming, lighting, and sound designs for a workshop production.
- Analyze aesthetic choices in design for their effective communication to an audience.
- Analyze the cultural, social, and political meanings in aesthetic choices.
- Demonstrate industry-standard safety practices throughout the semester.
Rayna Middleton Dexter, Texas A&M University